Solar laws are changing in Florida. Get grandfathered in before it’s too late!
What does HB-741 mean?
- The law was essentially written by the utility companies, who think solar is great for them, but don’t want their customers to have solar.
- The law goes into effect Jan 1, 2024
- Until then, new customers will be grandfathered in for twenty years.
- Utility companies will be able to pay a fraction of what they charge to customers who sell power back during the daytime. The initial reduction is 25%, followed by further reductions until net-metering goes away completely.
- The longer you wait, the more money you lose
- The federal tax credit is decreasing to 22%
- Supply chain issues are causing prices to increase
- Inflation is at an all-time high, causing further price increases.
- Interest rates are going up due to inflation.
- Increased demand to lock in net-metering means prices will continue to go up as we approach the deadline
- Utility companies continue to raise electricity rates